Sunday 14 September 2014

Vintage Love Birds Wedding Card

Hello lovely readers,

Well as I write it is really important to tell you that it is 1.10am and sleep has foresaken me tonight.  Mr J is sound asleep, the mere sound of a little snuffling breaking the silence whilst I am sat here with my eyes propped open by matchsticks really to be honest with you incredibly tired and yet completely unable to join him in the land of nod.... Not ideal either as tomorrow morning I need to be up early for a demonstrations...

Still never one to waste productive time I thought I would blog a little card I made for Mr J's nephew and new wife's wedding.

I really knew where I was going with this when I started it - birdcages and lovebirds were definitely the icons I knew I wanted to use but it didn't end up the way I intended.... Though if I am completely honest with myself my designs rarely end up the way I first envisage them. The creative process takes over and before I know it a complete transformation has taken place.

This card was meant to be clean and simple (CAS for those who may not know the terminology) but I am finding that really my versions of clean and simple just seem to end up being my usual cluttered style, just with a little less clutter.  I think in all my attempts at following the CAS trend this is maybe the most clean and simple I have achieved and been happy with.  I've decided to to brand this particular and peculiarly "me" version Vintage Clean and Simple - a hybrid that is not quite clean and simple but draws on my love of all things pretty and charmingly old fashioned.

This card incorporates loads of my favourite Docrafts basics - kraft and textured card (simple but rustic ally charming), book print papers, adhesive gems, ribbon bows, dye inks and mini alpha stickers.  Combined with my favourite (amongst many) Tim Holtz bird cage die, Brenda Walton embossing folder and memorybox peaceful bird die (cut from the top and underside of the textured card so that the bird couple face each other) I have to confess to being just a teency weency bit pleased with this design (being my own fiercest critic this is indeed an unusual admission).






This project is also featuring in the September issue of Die Cut Crazy - the international digi mag on whose DT I sit with some other talented ladies.  It is a monthly magazine concentrating on everything that you can acheive with a die cutting machine be it manual or electronic and is packed full of inspirational goodies from designers across the globe. To find out how you can get your mitts on the latest copy and back issues do hop over and visit http://bit.ly/W0RGhe

Well, as it is now 1.40 am and I really do have to be at work early tomorrow so must endeavour to get some shut eye... Maybe I will try counting sheep.... 1.. 2..3..4......... Zzzzzzzz

Wishing you all a very crafty weekend..
Night night 
Hugs
Becky
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment here